Interpretation and Definition
The words of which its first letter is capitalized are defined under the following definitions and shall have the same meaning regardless of being singular or plural.
- "Account" means a unique account created for You to access our Service or some of our Service.
- "Business" refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers' personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers' personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers' personal information, that does business in Province of Quebec.
- "Company" (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Giant Electronics Inc.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Company is the Data Controller.
- "Country" refers to Canada.
- "Consumer" means a natural person, includes every individual holding a verified and valid credit card.
- "Cookies" are files placed on any of Your device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its uses.
- "Data Controller" based the GDPR, it refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or with others determines the goals of the processing of Personal data.
- "Device" refers to a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet, able to access the Service.
- "Do Not Track" (DNT) is the method promoted by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the internet industry to implement as a mechanism to allow internet users to track their online activities across websites.
- "Personal Data" is the information relating to an identifiable individual, it means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier and, more factors specific to the physical, physilogical, genetic, mental, economic, cultural and social identity.
- "Sale" means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transfering, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer's personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- "Service" refers to the Website.
- "Service Provider" means any legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It is third-party to facilitate the Service, on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- "Website" refers to egiant.io, accessible from http://www.egiant.io
- "You" means the individual accessing and using the Service, on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us information that can be used to contact and identify You such as :
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is automatically collected when using the Service.
Usage Data includes information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type and version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and data of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, Your unique device identifiers and other data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information such as its Unique ID, its IP address, operating system, internet browser, and other data.
Tracking technologies and Cookies
Cookies and similar tracking technologies are used to track and store the activity on Our Service. The tracking technologies we use are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect information.
- Cookies are a small file placed on Your Device. You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
- Web Beacons are small electronic files included in certain sections of Our Service.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies as described below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies (Session)
These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to providce You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies (Persistent)
Functionality Cookies (Persistent)
These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies (Persistent)
These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.